Thank you for your interest in donating blood!
DUMC is hosting a blood drive organised by UMMC (University Malaya Medical Centre) on
June 27 (Sat), 2020 from 10am-2pm.
To see if you qualify as a blood donor, click on the FAQ below:
Your Safety is Key
We are aware of current state of the pandemic and want to assure you that your safety is key. With that, these are some precautionary measures that will be implemented on that day:
- Infographics on COVID and social distancing will be placed at the entrance of this blood donation drive
- The blood donation area will be demarcated with barricade tape or queue stand
- All healthcare workers in the mobile blood drive will have surgical face masks on at all times and will ensure thorough hand hygiene
- Face masks will be provided to all blood donors
- Before entering the designated donation area, a screening counter will be set up to screen for donor’s body temperature via non-contact infrared thermometer
- Blood donors must also fill in a pre-donation form consisting of COVID screening questions
- Should blood donors have body temperature > 37.5 Celsius or are found positive on any of the questions, they would be directed to the nearest healthcare facility for medical screening
- Hand sanitizers will be placed at all counters and regular surface disinfectants done on the donation bed
- One-donor-only and donate-then-leave policy will be practiced to maintain social distancing and reduce over-crowding
- Post blood donation, should the blood donor be unwell or have been notified to be one of the close contact persons of a COVID patient, they must contact the blood bank so that donor unit exclusion can be conducted.
Thank you for taking time to read the above. To donate blood,